iplounge.net Forum Index iplounge.net
NFS PU & HS Online Racing Community

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How many cars are there?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
[RS]nJL

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 5:49 pm    Post subject: How many cars are there? Reply with quote

Hi all.
I'm conscious of the fact that this information is known by the most of you, but I've found such a confusion that I wanna clarify the situation of the cars available in PU.

There is a total of 84 different cars (I'll call them "original" cars).
4 of them are the EA add-on cars.
3 of the other 80's are also available as bonus cars, that the game gives you when proceeding in the "factory driver" career mode.

Contrarily to what happens with other NFS games, the cars in PU are not automatically "unlocked": when you play the Evolution mode, indeed, you've to buy the cars you want.
Cars you don't buy won't be available, in general, in single player mode.

So, how many cars would one theoretically like to have? 80 from the original car park, + 3 from the factory driver missions. The 4 EA cars can't indeed be added to the profile, or in other words they aren't available in Evo mode and can't be bought.
And, how many cars can be added to a profile? Is there a limit?

I don't know if there's a limit on how many cars you can own.
Since each new car requires disk storage, the .sav file increases in size when you add cars to the profile, and in this thread:
http://www.iplounge.net/ipl2/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2059
TriG (13rd post) recommends to keep the .sav file less than 400kB anyway.

But for sure, there's a limit on how many cars you can buy.
Note that this is different from the maximum number of cars you can own, because some cars are not required to be bought (for example, the 3's from the factory driver mode), and thus the game gives those to you without the need for you to press the "Buy" button.
The limit on the cars to buy seems to be honored by PU just right when you press the Buy button, otherwise no control on the number of cars is performed.

The 3.5 NoCD standard/WithCD versions of PU impose a limit of 80 purchasable cars.
Implications:
if you complete first the factory driver missions, 3 bonus cars will be added to the profile (although they become visible in Evo mode starting from their year of manufacturing), so the available "slots" will reduce to 77 and you won't be able to buy all the 80 original cars.
Therefore, you've no choice but to start the Evolution first, buy all the 80 default cars, and then complete the factory driver missions: this will allow you to get all the cars available in PU.

The 3.5 NoCD enhanced version of PU imposes a limit of 84 purchasable cars.
Implications:
you can complete the Evo mode and factory driver mode in any order and be able to get all the 83 cars of the game.

Can I have more than 83 cars?
Given that any additional car would be a duplicate of a car you already own (well, you can tune them in a different way, however), you can reach 84 cars with the standard version of the game, and 88 cars with the enhanced version.

Standard version:
first do the Evolution. Fill all the available slots (80 cars) by buying the cars you want. Remember that PU offers 3 bonus races in Evo mode, that allow you to win 3 cars without the need to buy them. The cars you win will be added to the profile, so they occupy 3 slots as if you had bought them.
Get 80 cars just before the last bonus race.
Then, do the bonus race and win it to get the 81st car (the GT1).
Finally, do the factory driver missions to get the 3 bonus cars.
81+3 = 84, you're done.

Enhanced version:
same as above, but now the limit of purchasable cars is raised to 84 cars.
So do the evo first, buy 84 cars before doing the last bonus race.
Do the bonus race and get the 85th car.
Do the factory driver missions and you'll reach 85+3 = 88 cars total.

In single player mode, you can use any car you added to the profile, plus the 4 EA add-on cars and 11 of the 80 original cars.
Just the owned cars can be tuned or elaborated.

In multiplayer mode, you can use any of the cars you added to the profile, as "modded" cars.
Plus, the whole car park of 84 cars (4 EA add-on + 80 original) are available as "stock" cars.

Rick's Clean Garage:
I don't know why you call it "Profile with all cars" or "84-car profile".
It doesn't have all the 83 cars, 6 of the 80 original cars are missing (see here: http://www.iplounge.net/ipl2/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2059 , 13rd post).
Some of the other cars have been bought more than once, so that the number of owned cars is 79.

Rick & Adri's Clean Garage:
I don't know why you call it "91-car profile".
It does have all the 83 cars, some of which have been bought more than once. The total of owned cars is 90.

As you can see, the Rick & Adri's profile has more than 88 cars, so it can't have been created simply by playing PU with the enhanced patch.
I suspect an external tool has been used to enter more cars, and if you watch the year reached in Evo mode it says: 2004.
This is impossible since the career stops at 2000, so this is a clue.

That's it, thanks for reading.
Bye bye.
Tuurngait

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They used indeed an extra tool to edit the savegame and raise the car-limit.
Actually there is no way to tweak the exe with that.

But I think the 84-car-limit from the enhanced means the total amount of cars - not just the owned ones.
[RS]nJL

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tuurngait wrote:
I think the 84-car-limit from the enhanced means the total amount of cars - not just the owned ones.

Hmm... not sure to understand what you mean.
With enhanced I've been able to get 86 cars by now.
84 bought during Evo, GT1 won with the last Evo bonus race, and 1 won with the first factory driver missions.
I have not completed factory driver but I've no reason to think I couldn't win the other two bonus cars.
Hence, 88 cars should be the upper limit with enhanced.

Of course, 5 of them are just duplicates, since the game provides 83 cars (80 from original car park + 3 from factory driver missions).
[SK]Nath
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The EA Bonus Cars are factory stock, not owned cars. Therefore, they don't contribute to the 84-car-limit. Evolution allows each player to own 81 cars (including one bonus GT1) and factory driver earns each player an additional 3 cars, thus bringing the total to 84 cars. IPL statistics have separate stats for the 3 factory driver cars and the normal 3 evolution cars.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iplounge.net Forum Index -> IPL PU Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: