iplounge.net Forum Index iplounge.net
NFS PU & HS Online Racing Community

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

No Screen Resolutions: AMD R9 390X Graphics & Windows 10

View previous topic :: View next topic  
[SK]Nath
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:15 pm    Post subject: No Screen Resolutions: AMD R9 390X Graphics & Windows 10 Reply with quote

I've purchased a new custom gaming PC with 16GB of RAM and an AMD R9 390X graphics card. I've also upgraded to Windows 10. However, I've installed PU and gone into the display options, only to find that the screen size drop-down menu is blank with no resolutions to choose from. I've also run the 3D Setup to ensure the AMD R9 390X is the 3D Device. Using the voodoo2z.dll gives me resolutions to choose from which confirms this is a DirectX issue. I don't want to use nGlide because it doesn't allow me to set my resolution in PU for the HUD Display and I refuse to use a stretched resolution for this. My monitor resolution is 1600x900. Also, I've tried using the d3da.dll file from HS and renamed it to dx7z.dll, but again this fails to provide me with a list of resolutions.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Tuurngait

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's one of the DX issues when using modern machines. I also had this annoying bug and therefore I switched to nGlide and noticed how much better it works. You can't avoid nGlide. It's such a great solution, I can't understand why some people don't want to use it. Old DirectX modules are no longer supported by modern systems, but for this reason nGlide was developed.
To change HUD size you can use in-game resolution, so you can make it bigger by a low resolution or smaller by a high resolution. Give it a try, use my complete-patch and enjoy this game!

You got a really nice PC.
[SK]Nath
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I changed my monitor cable from DVI-by-DVI to DVI-by-HDMI which in my opinion provides me with a better output using nGlide. Setting the HUD display resolution to 1024x768 works best with 1600x900, therefore I've got to a position where I'm now happy with nGlide. I don't dislike nGlide, but the lack of resolutions can be frustrating.

I've set AA to 8xEQ and AF to 16x which gives me sharp text, especially on the HUD during races. The text in the menus will never be perfect and will always suffer from slight blurring.
Tuurngait

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great!
But there is no lack with the resolutions. Use the nGlide configurator (Windows search) to set up resolution. And also set gamma to 0.7 that looks best! In-game resolution is only for the HUD.

[SK]Nath
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, sorry I should have been more clear. I was referring to in game resolutions. 1024x768 in game was the only one that didn't appear to stretch the HUD. Yesterday I applied the settings in the nGlide 1.04 configurator which you recommended - including my screen resolution and 0.7 gamma.
Tuurngait

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay. Yes I also set my HUD to 1024x768, but in most cases I hide it with F5. I think it is much more immersing without HUD.
Nice that we solved the problem and that you are lucky with nGlide now Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iplounge.net Forum Index -> IPL PU Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: