iplounge.net Forum Index iplounge.net
NFS PU & HS Online Racing Community

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NFS Porsche Unleashed "Complete Patch"
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tuurngait

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:14 pm    Post subject: NFS Porsche Unleashed "Complete Patch" Reply with quote

Hello everyone! Cool

I created an archive with a bundle of fixes to play this good old masterpiece on modern systems with the best possible experience!

Changelog:

- Updated to version 3.5 (latest official EA patch).
- Fixed low textures quality, damage model and driver animation on CPUs faster than 2,1 GHz.
- Fixed the accidental closing of pits using B button.
- Fixed menu color depth to 32 bit.
- Fixed ocassionally missing lens flare effect.
- Fixed dashboard meters/headlight bug after driving on night tracks.
- Fixed wrong speedometer for some cars when driving on night tracks.
- Fixed pic16.fsh crash and other compatibility issues.
- Fixed possible speed boost for the 993 Carrera S.
- Workaround for DX7 crashes and no resolutions by switching to nGlide.
- Replaced all 3rash drivers with the latest Voodoo modules.
- Added more realistic looking reflections to the cars.
- Added official EA AddOn cars.

Instructions before playing:

1. Install everything located in the "Install" folder (regfix = german, regfix_int = english).
2. Start the nGlide configurator to adjust graphics settings (type "nglide" into Windows search bar)

Set everything like in this picture, just use your own screen resolution!

3. Apply the "Porsche.sdb" file with the sdb installation tool located in: Windows\System32\sdbinst.exe
4. Enable AA and AF in the graphics driver settings (optional)

Important notes:

- Screen resolution is set by the nGlide configurator, the in-game option only affects the size of the HUD.
- For more atmospheric brightness and colors reduce gamma correction to "0.7" in the nGlide configurator.
- Let the headlights option always set to "vertex/Lichtquelle oben" to avoid missing textures on night tracks.
- Use "F5" in-game to hide HUD.

You will get a lot better graphics in the main menu due to nGlide's really high resolution support up to 7680x4320 pixels (8K). Everything will automatically get forced to 32-bit colors. Don't be worried about the limited in-game resolutions! Wink

http://www103.zippyshare.com/v/y4FjR7Ou/file.html

Password: porsche

Last edited by Tuurngait on Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:40 pm; edited 28 times in total
t42

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:37 pm    Post subject: NFS PU "Complete Patch" Reply with quote

The Porsche_v3.5_mod.7z.exe seems to contain several ad.ware applications and a trojan !
Tuurngait

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:27 pm    Post subject: Re: NFS PU "Complete Patch" Reply with quote

t42 wrote:
The Porsche_v3.5_mod.7z.exe seems to contain several ad.ware applications and a trojan !

Fake alarm. Anti-virus software will just slow down your system and cause damage to your computer instead to keep it safe. Don't hear about it and make a de-installation.
[RS]OBF

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thx for info and dwnld Turngait. But, ESET did find fault with file. The threat detected is "a variant of Win32/Amonetize.BY". Recogognized as a potentially unwanted application.

As for "Anti-virus software will just slow down your system and cause damage to your computer instead to keep it safe." this is incorrect. Good AV software is a MUST for systems running any OS, including Apple's.

Although it is recommended to disclude folders of known clean files such as database and games from realtime scans, they should be included in the regular system scanning.

Don't know which AV you have been visiting, but, I know of none that can damage the computer. True it is that the free stuff will not give the protection of what the commercial software can. So, best to buy the best one ya can. Smile
Tuurngait

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys, there is definitely NO virus in this archive.
As I said, there is something wrong with anti-virus software.

People often think it will protect the computer, and it does in many cases, but it will also cause a system slow down and report a mass of fake alarms for harmless files and don't protect against real viruses. For the most part they will only confuse the user.

I know a lot of games, where anti-virus software reports a virus in the exe (no crack). This programs often have problems with exes or files that get installed into the Windows system directory.

I learned a lot from the past that the best is to avoid third-party anti-virus software (except you are running a corporate server).
[SK]Nath
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Martin for once again putting time and effort into improving the experiences of playing PU.

I have a couple of questions that I would like to ask:

Firstly, is there separate patches for the 3.5 NoCD and Enhanced versions?

Secondly, what are the benefits of running the game in XP SP2 compatibility mode and is this a requirement? I don't feel the need to run the game in compatibility mode when it runs fine without unless there's significant reasoning behind this.

Thirdly, are the Speed and B Button fixes within the patch identical to the ones supported by IPLounge in the fix menu? If there are differences then we may have to replace these with the new patch. If there are not any differences, please draw particular attention to my next point below.

Tuurngait wrote:
I recommend this patch for everyone, even when you don't exactly have this issues. It is only a matter of time until they will arise. I tested this patch without to get any crashes. It really increase the stability.

I understand that you recommend everyone should use this patch, however we don't want to force all of our racers at IPLounge to use this patch as not all of the fixes are relevant for each racer. For example, some racers may not to run glide. This was a general agreement in our Admin Meeting yesterday. Our proposal was to have your new complete patch on the IPLounge Downloads Page so that anyone who wants to use the patch in its entirety can download it from there. In order to ensure that we don't force everyone to use this patch, we propose for the IPLounge Fix Menu that we include individual fixes for each issue that can be added to the game by installation, but not as separate 3.5 patches. If the Speed and B Button fixes are identical to those already supported, we would like to keep those in the fix menu and have the individual fixes to install in order to enhance the game if possible. Please let us know your opinion on individual installation files for each fix.

Finally, one point that I would like to agree with:

Tuurngait wrote:
People often think it will protect the computer, and it does in many cases, but it will also cause a system slow down and report a mass of fake alarms for harmless files and don't protect against real viruses. For the most part they will only confuse the user.

I've experienced this myself in the past and will always agree. Now I have an antivirus that doesn't slow down my system without false alarms for files. Martin's patch passes my antivirus scan with 0 issues.
Tuurngait

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Nath, I gladly wants to answer your questions.

[SK]Nath wrote:

No. The archive only contains the Enhanced Edition. But if people want, I can do a separately archive for the standard 3.5 NoCD version.
I personally see no reason why to avoid the Enhanced Edition. It features a lot of improvements in addition to the standard 3.5 NoCD version like the 84 car limit which should be useful for everyone and some other tweaks and enhancements.

[SK]Nath wrote:
Secondly, what are the benefits of running the game in XP SP2 compatibility mode and is this a requirement? I don't feel the need to run the game in compatibility mode when it runs fine without unless there's significant reasoning behind this.

As you know I patched the exe to fix the low poly graphics bug on modern hardware (speed patch), but this alone will not always work properly. I had to use the compatibility modes for changes to take effect. So I'm sure to run the game using compatibility modes should always be better. There might be other things to get profit of it. The compytibility mode is not required to play the game, but it might be required for the speed patch!

[SK]Nath wrote:
Thirdly, are the Speed and B Button fixes within the patch identical to the ones supported by IPLounge in the fix menu? If there are differences then we may have to replace these with the new patch. If there are not any differences, please read my next point below.

Yes, they are completely identical. The only reasons why I patched the file again was because of an updated version of the Explorer Suite's hex-editor (www.ntcore.com) and my new PC. I just didn't want to use the old file which was created with my old computer and got probably packed multiple times. You can simply use the Porsche.exe that already exists on IPLounge. But when you ask me, I recommend to use the new one and delete the old. I put a lot of care into it.
An other reason why to use the new version is that I updated the Porsche.sdb (compatibility fix file) with is conntected to the exe by validate the checksum. I don't know if it works with different exes.

[SK]Nath wrote:

I understand that you recommend everyone should use this patch, however we don't want to force all of our racers at IPLounge to use this patch as not all of the fixes are relevant for each racer. For example, some racers may not to run glide. This was a general agreement in our Admin Meeting yesterday. Our proposal was to have your new complete patch on the IPLounge Downloads Page so that anyone who wants to use the patch in its entirety can download it from there. In order to ensure that we don't force everyone to use this patch, we propose for the IPLounge Fix Menu that we include individual fixes for each issue that can be added to the game by installation, but not as separate 3.5 patches. If the Speed and B Button fixes are identical to those already supported, we would like to keep those in the fix menu and have the individual fixes to install in order to enhance the game if possible. Please let us know your opinion on individual installation files for each fix.

I totally understand your consideration. At the beginning, I also wouldn't like to use Glide, but since the game was no longer running in DX for me, I had no other choice to use it. And everything what I can say is that it looks better and runs more stable than DX. I never would miss it. But when you think that everyone should use the individual fix menu, it is OK. I just thought that most people really don't have any idea what they should install and what not. To avoid confusion I recommend to use the complete patch. That was the goal of it. To have only one single file where everything is included what is required for a perfect experience without any troubles for everyone.

[SK]Nath wrote:

Finally, one point that I would like to agree with:

I've experienced this myself in the past and will always agree. Now I have an antivirus that doesn't slow down my system without false alarms for files. Martin's patch passes my antivirus scan with 0 issues.

Indeed, there are some reliable anti-virus programs too. Very Happy

After all, I would be interested in feedback. Anyone already tested the patch?
For sure it would be nice when it got added to IPL, but it is not a must!
People can just use this patch for offline singleplayer.
t42

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is the correct size of the patch exe? I only manage to download a 487 or alternatively 874 kB exe file that launches all kind of adware installations. Maybe I didn't get the real patch exe at all?
Tuurngait

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

t42 wrote:
What is the correct size of the patch exe? I only manage to download a 487 or alternatively 874 kB exe file that launches all kind of adware installations. Maybe I didn't get the real patch exe at all?

7,69 MB. And yes, that seems to clear everything. It's not an exe, it's a 7z archive. You downloaded the wrong file.
t42

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, sorry for the hazzle. I used the wrong link from the upload.net page Sad
Now when I got the correct package, where exactly do I do the 5. step in the installation instructions "Use the graphics driver to force AA and AF to improve image quality." ?
Is this patch package supposed to fix the Alps CTD which is still plaguing my game Question
Tuurngait

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

t42 wrote:
OK, sorry for the hazzle. I used the wrong link from the upload.net page Sad
Now when I got the correct package, where exactly do I do the 5. step in the installation instructions "Use the graphics driver to force AA and AF to improve image quality." ?
Is this patch package supposed to fix the Alps CTD which is still plaguing my game Question

Nice. Then please let's remove the virus discussion before other users got scared.
The 5th step is not required, but it's just a recommendation. Open your nVidia or AMD graphics driver control center and enable these features.
I don't know which Alps CTD you mean, I will test this track if there is a crash.
[SK]Nath
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Martin,

Tuurngait wrote:

[SK]Nath wrote:

No. The archive only contains the Enhanced Edition. But if people want, I can do a separately archive for the standard 3.5 NoCD version.
I personally see no reason why to avoid the Enhanced Edition. It features a lot of improvements in addition to the standard 3.5 NoCD version like the 84 car limit which should be useful for everyone and some other tweaks and enhancements.

Personally I'm not a fan of the 3.5 Enhanced version of the game due to the engine sounds being identical to the cockpit view permanently regardless of the camera view amongst other things. Full engine sounds are a big aspect of how I race in the game. We've also removed the 84 car limit in one of the garages that we provide in the fix menu which negates that benefit of the Enhanced version. Therefore, my preference will always be the 3.5 NoCD version. This is also the most common version used amongst regular IPL racers. As a result, the demand for a separate archive for the 3.5 NoCD version would be quite high and much appreciated. Also, the option has always been open for racers at IPLounge to decide whether they want to use the NoCD or Enhanced version and we would like that to continue.

Tuurngait wrote:

[SK]Nath wrote:

As you know I patched the exe to fix the low poly graphics bug on modern hardware (speed patch), but this alone will not always work properly. I had to use the compatibility modes for changes to take effect. So I'm sure to run the game using compatibility modes should always be better. There might be other things to get profit of it. The compatibility mode is not required to play the game, but it might be required for the speed patch!

My experience of the Speed Patch is I'm not required to run the game in compatibility mode for it to fully take effect. That must mean I'm very lucky as other racers are not so fortunate with this. Thank you for explaining this.

Tuurngait wrote:

[SK]Nath wrote:
Thirdly, are the Speed and B Button fixes within the patch identical to the ones supported by IPLounge in the fix menu? If there are differences then we may have to replace these with the new patch. If there are not any differences, please read my next point below.

Yes, they are completely identical. The only reasons why I patched the file again was because of an updated version of the Explorer Suite's hex-editor (www.ntcore.com) and my new PC. I just didn't want to use the old file which was created with my old computer and got probably packed multiple times. You can simply use the Porsche.exe that already exists on IPLounge. But when you ask me, I recommend to use the new one and delete the old. I put a lot of care into it.
An other reason why to use the new version is that I updated the Porsche.sdb (compatibility fix file) with is connected to the exe by validate the checksum. I don't know if it works with different exes.

Again, thank you for explaining this. If the updated compatibility file fix in the new patch provides better testing results than the existing patch in the IPLounge Fix Menu then we would have to look at replacing it. For now, we will keep this existing one in place until there is some testing feedback.

Tuurngait wrote:

I totally understand your consideration. At the beginning, I also wouldn't like to use Glide, but since the game was no longer running in DX for me, I had no other choice to use it. And everything what I can say is that it looks better and runs more stable than DX. I never would miss it. But when you think that everyone should use the individual fix menu, it is OK. I just thought that most people really don't have any idea what they should install and what not. To avoid confusion I recommend to use the complete patch. That was the goal of it. To have only one single file where everything is included what is required for a perfect experience without any troubles for everyone.

Of course everything in one single file will be most simple for the majority of people. However, there are some racers that like to be very specific on the features used to enhanced their game. It would be great to have some more opinions on this from other members of the community.

We are approaching towards the 5.42 beta version so a decision will need to be made before then as to whether we include the full patch or separate fixes in the IPLounge Fix Menu.
Tuurngait

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Nath,

[SK]Nath wrote:
Personally I'm not a fan of the 3.5 Enhanced version of the game due to the engine sounds being identical to the cockpit view permanently regardless of the camera view amongst other things. Full engine sounds are a big aspect of how I race in the game.

The cockpit engine sound is not permanently used. Only the bumper cam used the same sound, which makes sense for me. The other (3rd person) cameras are still using their original sounds.

[SK]Nath wrote:
We've also removed the 84 car limit in one of the garages that we provide in the fix menu which negates that benefit of the Enhanced version.

Why have you removed the 84 car limit? OK, then there is no longer any benefit of it when playing online, but for singleplayer career it is still a good feature.

[SK]Nath wrote:
This is also the most common version used amongst regular IPL racers. As a result, the demand for a separate archive for the 3.5 NoCD version would be quite high and much appreciated. Also, the option has always been open for racers at IPLounge to decide whether they want to use the NoCD or Enhanced version and we would like that to continue.

OK, I can do an alternative version for this patch for users who prefer the standard NoCD version.

[SK]Nath wrote:
My experience of the Speed Patch is I'm not required to run the game in compatibility mode for it to fully take effect. That must mean I'm very lucky as other racers are not so fortunate with this. Thank you for explaining this.

Hmm... for me the speed patch is not working without having the compatibility mode enabled. And I remember TriG who had the same problem.

[SK]Nath wrote:
Again, thank you for explaining this. If the updated compatibility file fix in the new patch provides better testing results than the existing patch in the IPLounge Fix Menu then we would have to look at replacing it. For now, we will keep this existing one in place until there is some testing feedback.

Of course everything in one single file will be most simple for the majority of people. However, there are some racers that like to be very specific on the features used to enhanced their game. It would be great to have some more opinions on this from other members of the community.

We are approaching towards the 5.42 beta version so a decision will need to be made before then as to whether we include the full patch or separate fixes in the IPLounge Fix Menu.

OK, thank you. Let's wait for some testing feedback. Wink

t42 wrote:

I tested it now and I don't get any crashes on alps. I drove both ways. Is there a special position where the game crashes?
t42

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The CTD occurs right after pressing the Race buttom, i.e. before any start line view is visible. I have followed the readme installation instructions and copied the path files to the appropriate file locations in an existing PU installation which is not clean but is patched by numerous earlier stand alone patches.

Should I use this patched packet to a clean install instead?
Tuurngait

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

t42 wrote:
The CTD occurs right after pressing the Race buttom, i.e. before any start line view is visible.

Alps works perfectly for me with this patch.

t42 wrote:
Should I use this patched packet to a clean install instead?

I always use a clean install. It should be definitely better.
But it is not required as far as I know.

I recommend to create a disc image and install it from there.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iplounge.net Forum Index -> IPL PU Support All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9

Jump to: