iplounge.net Forum Index iplounge.net
NFS PU & HS Online Racing Community

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PU DownLoads not at IPLounge..
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iplounge.net Forum Index -> IPL PU Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
[XR]TriG

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:00 pm    Post subject: PU DownLoads not at IPLounge.. Reply with quote

1 - Martin's High Speed CPU Patch and Colin's MS Compatibility Patch. These two patches must be used together for Martin's HS CPU Patch to work correctly.

Admin Note: Martin's High Speed CPU Patch is available in either the 3.5 NOCD or Enhanced Patches on the IPLounge Download Page. Colin's Compatibility ACT App is still under construction.

2 - Maz's layouts. Perfection Smile -

Info -

http://www.iplounge.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2163

3 - Chey's layouts.

Admin Note: Chey's Layouts have been hosted on the IPLounge Download Page since the release of IPLounge 5.41.

4 -aSa's Personal Best Tracker - Great tool Smile, that tracks PB's and adds sound effects at the end of a race to let one know if they got a new PB or not -

Download - https://sites.google.com/site/asathatsme/nfs5/pustats

5 - Evo Editor - This will allow one to change the year in Evolution Mode and add money.

6 - Car Suite - I did not know of this little program till recently. Great little program allows a person to add cars to a profile -

Download - http://www.nfscars.net/file/view/porscheunleashed/9851.aspx

7 - Replay Info - This was this 1st replay checker that I remember.

8 - Dirty Harry - This was the 1st replay checker that also checked for cheats.

9 - Silent Witness 1 - An improvement over Dirty Harry.

10 - Silent Witness 2 - The final release. Great stuff Smile.

Last edited by [XR]TriG on Sun May 25, 2014 10:59 am; edited 18 times in total
[SK]Nath
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for these G. I've not seen the evo editor in quite a while, must have been 10 years or so since I last used it as a kid. Smile
[RS]JMac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For DX7 see my answer on your other post.

Dirty Harry was deemed less effective than Silent Witness and SW is built into IPL.

IPL does so much while your racing that we recommend not running other programs at the same time.

As for the d/l page it has the essentials to allow you to race but we are making ipl do a lot of this for you, so after v5 we can look again at d/l page.

I think my time is better spent getting v5 out rather than making a new d/l page.
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have to agree with john.
V5 is definatly worth the litle wait.
Every day its getting closer.
[SK]Nath
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can we be clear that the history in IPL v5 is not replacing aSa's program. The use of aSa's program is best when not running IPL as IPL captures the same data and is already doing a lot while your racing. John has said that he does not recommend running aSa's program whilst IPL is running. The v5 history does a variety of things, you will find out about these soon. Wink
[XR]TriG

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[SK]Nath wrote:
Can we be clear that the history in IPL v5 is not replacing aSa's program. The use of aSa's program is best when not running IPL as IPL captures the same data and is already doing a lot while your racing. John has said that he does not recommend running aSa's program whilst IPL is running. The v5 history does a variety of things, you will find out about these soon. Wink

Why the mystery about what the new IPL V5 does as it concerns personal history/PB's? Is it a national secret of GB?

As for not running background programs while using IPL. I've been running aSa's program in the background since IPL was first released, as far as I remember, till I quit playing PU in 2004, and since Sjak reminded me about it this year without any problems at all. I also run SW2 in the back ground as well without any problems.

Some specifics as to why this might be a problem would be more helpful than this -

[RS]JMac wrote:
IPL does so much while your racing that we recommend not running other programs at the same time.

I just went through the whole "IPLounge Help Center" and saw nothing about not running back ground programs Question. Hmmm, maybe I missed it Sad. If so please point it out to me.

My personal experience is more important than rumors and hearsay. Maybe IPL's V5 will be better then aSa's PB program, I hope so as improvements are always a good thing, as are PB's Smile, but until I see the results for myself I will not be replacing aSa's great contribution to PU anytime soon.

I prefer not to goose step with the crowd just because they tell me to. I am too old for that Smile.

TriG
[RS]JMac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
1 -aSa's Personal Best Tracker - Great tool , that tracks PB's and adds sound effects at the end of a race to let one know if they got a new PB or not –

From what I understand this is very good program, I’ve never used it or even seen it, aSa was invited to join with IPL many moons ago but declined as he wasn’t interested in creating a stats program for HS as well as PU. So I created IPL History.

As IPL changes from propriety files to database technology it makes sense that I will also update my history and this is now similar to aSa’s program without the PB tracker and sounds, but what a good idea, I might add that, I’m sure HS’ers will like that too.

I have no issues with aSa’s stats going on our d/l page.

Quote:
2 - Resolution Fixed dx7z.dll - This will fix problem if one can not select correct screen resolution in game –

As already mentioned I didn’t know about this one but I do have some questions, does it affect directx9?, my version, is there anything we need to warn the users about?

Quote:
3 - Evo Editor - This will allow one to change the year in Evolution Mode and add money –

Is this useful? The persona editor with the clean garage also adds money.

Quote:
4 - Car Suite - I did not know of this little program till recently. Great little program allows a person to add cars to a profile –

We opted for a clean garage d/l with persona editor so we know that no cheat cars are added, I haven’t seen this one, can it add cheat cars?

Quote:
5 - Replay Info - This was this 1st replay checker that I remember –

6 - Dirty Harry - This was the 1st replay checker that also checked for cheats –

7 - Silent Witness 1 - An improvement over Dirty Harry -

8 - Silent Witness 2 - The final release. Great stuff -

As far as I can tell IPL already has the functionality of these 4, much of the data was supplied by the SW team but if there’s something missing let us know.

A last note on the d/l page its up to you the users to decide what is needed there but there are constraints like d/l & usage limits we don’t want to do anything that increases the cost of ipl.

As to v5, there is no real secrecy but hopefully some pleasant surprises.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well john ill answer a few from my knowledge.

Quote:
2 - Resolution Fixed dx7z.dll - This will fix problem if one can not select correct screen resolution in game –
As already mentioned I didn’t know about this one but I do have some questions, does it affect directx9?, my version, is there anything we need to warn the users about?

im using this. no it doesnt do that. it allows users with high end machines to solve many graphics issues. dx9 isnt affected, even used. what you install on your computer, aka dx9 isnt what a game nessicarily uses. the game must call for dx9 functions to honestly be using dx9. pu uses dx7. this is a moded version of dx7 that allows for modified resolutions, but trig can explain more. the only issue is does the user need this and if not then it is unessicary.
dx games have one thing in common. you have the entire dx library installed on a machine, and the game has a specific file used for specific functions based on the coding of the game this alters the coding for the screen resolutions for porsche only and will only work with porsche, where as the dx that is installed on your machine works with all games as a root library.
Quote:
3 - Evo Editor - This will allow one to change the year in Evolution Mode and add money –

this edits the evolution in the game, not the garage. i havent used it, but it seems to only edit the evolution mode. possibly allowing you to restart the evolution mode without loosing cars? im not sure but honestly if im gonna make a save and play the entire solo game again i want nothing that edits money. PERIOD. its a true form of cheating to my eyes.

Car suite will not be useful unless the evo pack im working on comes to be a part of ipl. simply put this was a find between TriG and i while working on this project. WONDERFUL program for adding cars quickly and even sports built in tuning which has saved me lots of time in fixing most cars for my final test package. but this should NOT be included in the downloads unless a permanant option for mod cars is allowed in IPL and i wont present my car package to the community until you finish v5 so that way the coding for mod cars if it comes to pass will be easy and quick. this also presents the problem that if someone gets the mod pack, they can add cars that we dont support in the Evo. stats issues. this isnt just a great tool, its also a demon and needs to be barred from ipl unless you want some sap getting it and messing up the regular stats when were not looking.
[XR]TriG

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[RS]JMac wrote:
I have no issues with aSa’s stats going on our d/l page.

Great idea John. I do not know what your version of aSa's program may have to offer since you choose to be secretive about it, but it would be cool if IPL V5 included a disable option for it so potentially redundant programs/features can be disabled.

[RS]JMac wrote:

DX7 does not support 2560x1600 resolution and that resolution can be chosen with this dx7z.dll. But with this dx7z.dll common wide screen resolutions like 1920x1200 and 1920x1080 are available as well as many others not available without this dx7z.dll.

[RS]JMac wrote:

Up to the individual in my opinion. Although I do not believe the "persona Editor" allows one to change years in Evo while playing through Evo. This is a useful feature if one had played through Evo but forgot to buy lets say the 91T which is only available for a very limited period of time.

[RS]JMac wrote:
We opted for a clean garage d/l with persona editor so we know that no cheat cars are added, I haven’t seen this one, can it add cheat cars?

Hmmm, how does the clean garage confirm for you that no cheats are being used in a persona? Do you assume that all have not played Evo. for themselves and are using this? As for myself I'd be more likely to trust a new player that had played Evo for themselves rather then just download a quick shortcut.

As far as I can tell "Car Suite" was created in late 2002. The first time I remember seeing a cheat car was the middle of 2000 ( 95T that performed like a GT1 ). Hence I fail to see what a useful tool for PU has to do with cheating. People cheat and not tools. Moreover those who choose to cheat will do so with or without Car Suite. I suspect a experienced PU player such as yourself likely already knows this.

What "Car Suite" could do for PU is remove the silly 84 car limit. I fail to understand why this community would wish limit themselves to this EA imposed restriction. Every racing Sim I've played allows a player to save setups for specific tracks, except PU that is.

[RS]JMac wrote:
As far as I can tell IPL already has the functionality of these 4, much of the data was supplied by the SW team but if there’s something missing let us know.

I use SW2 rather then your version of SW that is included in IPL for the following reason John -

A replay by Wazza is showed to be a cheat by your version of SW John, but the original version of SW2 shows it to be clean.

I looked for a change log for your version of SW2 John to see if you improved upon the original SW2 but I could not find one in IPL's documentation Sad. So I'll assume this replay is clean and will continue using the original version of SW2. If I am missing something let us know.

[RS]JMac wrote:
A last note on the d/l page its up to you the users to decide what is needed there but there are constraints like d/l & usage limits we don’t want to do anything that increases the cost of ipl.

Makes sence to me Smile. But I do not think you, oops I mean the community, are paying for the downloads listed in this thread.

TriG
[RS]JMac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In Reply

Quote:
Great idea John. I do not know what your version of aSa's program may have to offer since you choose to be secretive about it, but it would be cool if IPL V5 included a disable option for it so potentially redundant programs/features can be disabled.

Misunderstanding there, IPL Local History is NOT aSa's stats, it is similar in as much as both are MSACCESS databases. IPL History includes dropdown boxes for custom lists, the ability to create and save custom reports and the ability to enter SQL directly for database interogation. Nothing secretive about it.

I have no plans for a disable button, IPL has to go through all the steps to collect the data in order to send to stats so it makes sense to store it locally, IPL stores only cheat checked results.

Quote:
DX7 does not support 2560x1600 resolution and that resolution can be chosen with this dx7z.dll. But with this dx7z.dll common wide screen resolutions like 1920x1200 and 1920x1080 are available as well as many others not available without this dx7z.dll.

Forgive my ignorance on this one, does it need to replace an existing file, where does it go, the PU drivers folder or the windows system32 folder?

Quote:
Up to the individual in my opinion. Although I do not believe the "persona Editor" allows one to change years in Evo while playing through Evo. This is a useful feature if one had played through Evo but forgot to buy lets say the 91T which is only available for a very limited period of time.

I dont have a problem with this one, if the community want it on the d/l page I'll put it there, I suggest after v5 we create a new list & discussion on what should be there.

Quote:
Hmmm, how does the clean garage confirm for you that no cheats are being used in a persona? Do you assume that all have not played Evo. for themselves and are using this? As for myself I'd be more likely to trust a new player that had played Evo for themselves rather then just download a quick shortcut.

The clean garage does not in itself make sure a racer is clean but one of the biggest issues we had in the early days was that new racers would come to ipl for the first time with cheats installed as part of download they got from somewhere, the clean garage was an easy way to fix them.

Quote:

As far as I can tell "Car Suite" was created in late 2002. The first time I remember seeing a cheat car was the middle of 2000 ( 95T that performed like a GT1 ). Hence I fail to see what a useful tool for PU has to do with cheating. People cheat and not tools. Moreover those who choose to cheat will do so with or without Car Suite. I suspect a experienced PU player such as yourself likely already knows this.

What "Car Suite" could do for PU is remove the silly 84 car limit. I fail to understand why this community would wish limit themselves to this EA imposed restriction. Every racing Sim I've played allows a player to save setups for specific tracks, except PU that is. By removing the 84 car limit one could have this -

Yes I agree that tools dont actually cheat but they can encourage people to try, with the defence of 'well I got the program from your own website' but my answer is the same as previous one.

Quote:
I use SW2 rather then your version of SW that is included in IPL for the following reason John -

The following replay by Wazza is showed to be a cheat by your version of SW John, but the original version of SW2 shows it to be clean.

I looked for a change log for your version of SW2 John to see if you improved upon the original SW2 but I could not find one in IPL's documentation . So I'll assume this replay is clean and will continue using the original version of SW2. If I am missing something let us know.

The replay fails because the car is 911 GT1 and PU has no car with this name its GT1 Race Version I believe, so its a hacked car and should fail, I do not document what IPL checks specifically except to say it has much more than SW2 and it continues to grow but a car shown as clean in SW2 isnt necessarily clean for ipl.

When I was asked to create cheat detection for the stats by the community I was given a free hand to stop all cheating I could and the SW2 team passed me all of their data for inclusion in ipl. Although I see no possible use for SW2 to be available to d/l, if the community decides etc etc............

Quote:
Makes sence to me . But I do not think you, oops I mean the community, are paying for the downloads listed in this thread.

All of the items on our d/l page are actually hosted by us and therefore paid for by us, however we have no problems currently with usage or d/l limits and could host all or any of these without issue and no increased cost.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice post John Smile.

[RS]JMac wrote:
Misunderstanding there, IPL Local History is NOT aSa's stats, it is similar in as much as both are MSACCESS databases. IPL History includes dropdown boxes for custom lists, the ability to create and save custom reports and the ability to enter SQL directly for database interogation. Nothing secretive about it.

Sounds interesting John, and I'm sure Sjak misspoke by accident and was not in anyway trying to cause a misunderstanding.

I'm sure you'll be as successful with this effort as you've been with IPL. You are clearly a creative and skilled programer Smile.

[RS]JMac wrote:
Forgive my ignorance on this one, does it need to replace an existing file, where does it go, the PU drivers folder or the windows system32 folder?

Pu's dx7z.dll is located here, X:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Need For Speed - Porsche Unleashed\Drivers, and it does need to be replaced with the " Resolution Fixed" dx7z.dll.

[RS]JMac wrote:
I dont have a problem with this one, if the community want it on the d/l page I'll put it there, I suggest after v5 we create a new list & discussion on what should be there.

As you wish John. I wasn't sure rather or not Martin's files needed to be added here, so another thread after the release of ILP V5 is fine with me. I will humbly request this thread be deleted after the release of IPL V5, and start a new one....

[RS]JMac wrote:
The clean garage does not in itself make sure a racer is clean but one of the biggest issues we had in the early days was that new racers would come to ipl for the first time with cheats installed as part of download they got from somewhere, the clean garage was an easy way to fix them.

I was there when IPL was 1st released and there wasn't any more problems with new players joining with cheats when there is now or in the EA days. In fact the overwhelming problem with new players is the fact that they have not played Evo for themselves and hence do not even know what a Mod* car is much less how to select it or drive it, and not that they have a download with cheats that they were unaware of. I remember the problems Jeffr's 550 with slicks profile created very well, but I never ran into anyone using it back in the EA days......

I am quite aware I've been gone from PU for a long time, but I do remember IPL at it's beginnings til 2005 very well, and PU at the EA servers from 2000 till the end in late 2003.

[RS]JMac wrote:
Yes I agree that tools dont actually cheat but they can encourage people to try, with the defence of 'well I got the program from your own website' but my answer is the same as previous one.

I like it when we can agree John Smile. I do respect you John, if I did not I would not take the time to reply to your posts, but I do not always agree with you.

The only thing that needs to be added here is that cheaters can not be encouraged John, it is simply their nature Sad.

[RS]JMac wrote:
The replay fails because the car is 911 GT1 and PU has no car with this name its GT1 Race Version I believe, so its a hacked car and should fail, I do not document what IPL checks specifically except to say it has much more than SW2 and it continues to grow but a car shown as clean in SW2 isnt necessarily clean for ipl.

Very interesting John. It's a shame that you do not include such relevant information in IPL's release notes Sad. Something even as simple as "IPL includes a new and improved version of Silent Witness 2 that detects even more possible cheats in PU" would be helpful and take little effort on your part to keep the community informed.

I will stop using SW2 in the background as of now, but I will continue hosting the files as I like the history of PU and find downloads 5-8 in this thread to be interesting even if not useful any longer.

[RS]JMac wrote:
All of the items on our d/l page are actually hosted by us and therefore paid for by us, however we have no problems currently with usage or d/l limits and could host all or any of these without issue and no increased cost.

Hmmmm, I'm quite sure the downloads listed here, http://www.iplounge.net/download.htm, are hosted by IPL and paid for by the PU community. But the downloads in this thread are not hosted by IPL.

TriG
[RS]JMac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a couple of last notes.

Although I dont remember exactly when, we did have a phase of noobs with cheats already installed.

All downloads available at IPL would be hosted by ipl, we dont publish links.

Martins exe is already in our d/l section but its not published as it is downloaded & installed by IPL directly, I am busy adding this new section to ipl.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought of another use for Evo Editor and Car Suite.

FR2's Clean Garage doesn't have all cars, even though at IPLounge it says this -

"An optional PU update to add all of the owned cars to your game"

I can imagine a new player joining IPLounge and downloading FR2's garage because they haven't played Evolution Mode. This new player was even likely encouraged to by experienced PU players in IPLounge lobby. This new player then falls in love with the game, and plays PU for weeks or months before realizing that FR2's Clean Garage profile is missing the following cars -

'51 1300 Coupe
'56 1300 Coupe
'56 1300 Cabriolet
'56 1300 Super Cabriolet
'56 1600 Super Cabriolet
'60 1600 Coupe

What does this once, but no longer, new player do? By this time the profile that this person downloaded is no longer FR2's. They've put a lot of work into the profile, making it their own by changing the setups, and repainting the cars to their liking. Playing through Evo at this point would be a lot of work to get the 6 missing cars.

Here is where Evo Editor and Car Suite can help easily Smile.

A word of caution though all, try to keep the .sav at or less then 400 KB....122 cars with no parts = 399kb.

Last edited by [XR]TriG on Sat May 25, 2013 1:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
[SK]Mazkx

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what do you guys think about this?

[SK]Nath
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice Adri - does it still show your IP in top right?
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iplounge.net Forum Index -> IPL PU Support All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: