iplounge.net Forum Index iplounge.net
NFS PU & HS Online Racing Community

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NFS Porsche Unleashed "Complete Patch"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tuurngait

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Generally it's not possible to play without nGlide, because the dx7 thrash driver crashes on modern windows. But you may could have luck and it works. I had a day where dx7 worked for some reason. Nevertheless I think it doesn't support ultra high resolutions like nGlide.

But as you said I remember some polygons looks a bit different in these modes. Dx7 may looks a bit better, but due to limited resolutions nGlide is better at all and especially in the compatibility.
Rapid Roy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 1:43 am    Post subject: sdb installation tool? Reply with quote

Where do I find this "sdb installation tool"? It is not included in your uploaded file(s).
[RS]nJL

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:54 pm    Post subject: Re: sdb installation tool? Reply with quote

Rapid Roy wrote:
Where do I find this "sdb installation tool"?

Hi Rapid Roy.
The "SDB installation tool" is included in Windows, it's the executable "sdbinst.exe" you find in your "system32" folder.

The easiest way to use it is to open the .sdb file and wait for Windows to ask you how to open it, then select "Browse", navigate to the sys32 folder, click sdbinst.exe and confirm.

Bye.
Rapid Roy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:22 pm    Post subject: Complete Patch Reply with quote

Hi everyone. Sorry I haven't kept in touch. Are we still racing PU online?

I'm trying to get the "Complete Patch" to try out but it takes me to something called "Zippyshare." Is that correct?

And then when I click on the "Zippyshare" Download button it takes me here http://messengertime.dist-app.com/?c=rhmsn2&cid=103195224&subid=103195224057579791839 MessengerTime Download Please install the ultimate way to enjoy Facebook Messenger right from your PC!

Do I have to use this software or whatever it is to get this file? And why? Does anyone have this file I can just DL without using something in between?

Thanks.

Rapid Roy that Stock Car Boy. Smile

PS Thanks to [RS]nJL for answering my previous question. 👍
[RS]nJL

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rapid Roy,
sorry for late reply.

Yes the Complete Patch has been uploaded to Zippyshare.
No you don't need any software to download it.

Try this: go to the first page of this topic and click the download link in the first post. You should be directed to Zippyshare.
Click anywhere inside the web page, not necessarily on links or buttons.
Sometimes it happens that third-party services "prevent" you from interacting with the buttons on the web page, if this is the case then your browser should open a new tab/window with the extra-service (maybe that messenger you told about).
Close that new tab.
Go back to the Zippyshare page, now the download button should allow you to download the patch. Ensure that the file you're downloading is 7.84MB in size and it has a .7z extension. If it's an EXE, DO NOT DOWNLOAD IT AND DO NOT RUN IT.

If it's still not working, re-post here and I'll upload the patch do my Dropbox account.

Bb,
Angel.
Rapid Roy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem Angel.

Yup that did it. Very Happy

Thanks a lot. 👍

I can't get nGlide working for some reason but I'll mess around with that & if I can't get it all happening I'll get back to you.

Thanks again.

Cheers 🍻
Rapid Roy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok I got it goin' on. 👍 Very Happy

The only thing I'm not sure about its the sdb file. I did as you suggested but it didn't seem to do anything. Or the window popped up then immediately disappeared. Is that it?
[RS]nJL

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you solved!

Yes the sdbinst.exe tool is a command line tool that doesn't show you anything unless you run it from a command prompt, but it's a bit more difficult to launch it that way.

To be sure it has done its job, the easiest way is to check if the database appears among the programs installed in your PC.
Press Win+R, type:

appwiz.cpl

and press Ok. Now look for a program called "Porsche" (just this simple word). If you find it then it's correctly installed.
If not come back here and we'll try to run it via a command prompt.

Bye bye Smile
Rapid Roy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup it's there. So I guess that's it. Thanks for your help.

The game looks pretty good following the "Complete" patch. As good as a 18 year old game can. Wink Except the menus. They look like crap. FYI I had to reinstall the Fast CPU patch so I could move around in the menus. But besides that it seems to work fine.

This is still pretty much my favorite driving game. I have contacted EA (& I even got a reply) asking if there was any chance they'd remake it. But it looks like they are stuck on the anti hero "arcade" chase games they've been doing recently. Maybe some day.

Thanks again.
[RS]nJL

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rapid Roy wrote:
The game looks pretty good ...

You can say you see it at the highest level of detail when you can read your profile's name inside the plate of the car, this is a confirmation that the CPU Speed patch is doing its job.

Rapid Roy wrote:
Except the menus. They look like crap.

From my old tries, the menus look good only when DirectX is used.
If the Glide renderer is used, you may have some luck changing your graphics card settings from the appropriate control panel applet.

Rapid Roy wrote:
I had to reinstall the Fast CPU patch

The complete patch includes the CPU Speed patch, it's built directly into the executable Porsche.exe. So it's strange it didn't work...

Rapid Roy wrote:
it looks like they are stuck on the anti hero "arcade" chase games they've been doing recently. Maybe some day.

lol, do not hope too much about that or you could be disappointed :/

See you.
Bb.
Rapid Roy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[RS]nJL wrote:

You can say you see it at the highest level of detail when you can read your profile's name inside the plate of the car, this is a confirmation that the CPU Speed patch is doing its job.

Do you mean if I can read the opponents licence plates? Or I guess my plate from outside view? I always use cockpit view.

Ya the CPU patch was probably working. I have to unplug a cordless mouse & plug in my wheel or the "Options" menu is laggy.
[RS]nJL

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes your profile name written to the rear plate of your car, from outside view.
And thus also opponents' names written to their plates.

When CPU Speed patch is not installed and your CPU works at high clock speed, the plate is unreadable, you just see black pixels that "try" to form a name but you can't tell which it is lol
Rapid Roy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh Cool.

Thanks again man.

Green lights everyone. 😎

Rapid Roy
Tuurngait

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could update the patch with a new sdb file for Win10 version 1709 and with nGlide 2.0, but maybe I will do some day. You should install nGlide 2.0 from the developer's page: www.zeus-software.com

This could have some positive effects.
Rapid Roy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I did that. Do you think the "Video backend" option should stay on Automatic? I haven't tried changing it.

And ya I'm not sure how many are still playing this game but I'd check your new patch out. 👍 🍻

Oh by the way, wasn't there a mod somewhere that made your race end without crashing? I thought at one time I had that. Maybe it was for another game.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iplounge.net Forum Index -> IPL PU Support All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9

Jump to: