iplounge.net Forum Index iplounge.net
NFS PU & HS Online Racing Community

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

T3ED Updates (NFS4 Track Editor) by JimDiabolo

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JimDiabolo

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 9:53 am    Post subject: T3ED Updates (NFS4 Track Editor) by JimDiabolo Reply with quote

T3ED 3.9 is ready to use ! Download from Magenta Cloud

New in Version 0.07pre1.1 Plus Dev 4.0 :

- A new paste mode has been added. “Replace only track texture information”. It will replace all texures and poperties from trackpolygones. Objects won’t be changed.
- A new view has been added “Show Track Based On Visibility”. Unvisible blocks are show in a light grey, and can’t be selected.
- Fix for crashing when selecting global objects and active trackpreview.
- Default trackpreview shows now two more blocks.
- If “Show Track Based On Visibility” is activated, trackpreview shows blocks that should be visible in game, up to 30 blocks. Global objects will always be shown in trackpreview.
- Visibility information can be changed for actual block by using [Alt] Page Up/Down keys. “Show Track Based On Visibility” must be enabled.
- Size of trackpreview window can be easier changed now.
- Use CTRL + MouseWheel to zoom in/out trackpreview without changing normal view scale.

New in Version 0.07pre1.1*Plus Dev 3.9 :

- Global NFS4 object manipulation added. Global object will now be shown, can be moved and converted in extra objects and back.
- It is now possible to delete any block from the track. Not only at the end.
- Paste block from Clipboard before selected block added. (Be carefull, not very well tested !)

New in Version 0.07pre1.1 Plus Dev 3.8 :

- Frd file properties dialog added.
- Block properties dialog added.
- New function “Edit -> Find” for polygons added. You can search for polygons by texture, HS texture properties, texture animation data and polygon road flags (drive-over behavior).
- VRoad refpoints will be handled as extra objects. Select “Edit Virtual Road Points” and you can move them like you want.

For NFS4 only :

- If available height.sim, spdfa.bin and spdra.bin will be loaded and saved with the tr.frd file. (Thanks to Christian Brandt & Lasse Karkkainen for their NFS4 Spdtools.)
- Heights.sim, spdfa.bin & spdra.bin data will be copied and pasted together with block data.
- Undo for Heights.sim, spdfa.bin & spdra.bin data added.
- New dialog “Edit Tools - > Virtual Road, heights, spdfa & spdra” (Ctrl+H) allows to edit that values. In block mode all data from actual block is shown. In object mode all data from selected VRoad refpoints will be displayed if properties is selected from menu. Note : The “spdXA Speed” has only 4 values per block all others have usually 8. That’s why speed values are shown twice, e.g. 0=1,2=3,4=5 and 6=7. Only the first (0,2,4,6) will be written to disk.

New in Version 0.07pre1.1*Plus Dev 3.7 :

- Textures of new created objects won’t be animated be default anymore. This caused serveral HS crashes.
- Import (extra) objects from ‘.off’ files. Object File Format contains no texture information, only strucutres can be imported. Because NFS only supports polygons with 4 vertices other will be transformed into 4 poly ones. Polygons with more than 8 vertices can’t be imported.
- Export (extra) objects to ‘.off’ files.
- The texture function for objects can now set NFS HS Texture properties.
- New “merge objects” function. Go to object mode, enable the merge/split button. When you select two (extra) objects the second will be merged into the first.
- Polygon & extra objects can be moved into another chunk. Turn off “Automatic Object Membership” and open properties. (ALT + Enter).
- Roate for polygons (NFS3 compatible, rotates the texture without using HS Texture Properties.)
- Invert polygons function (CTRL + I), turns over front & back.
- Much more extra object properties are shown and can be changed. For example, the crosstype can be changed. That allows to make objects hitable. The colide effect specifies how they behave. Solid like trees/walls (1) or like signs (2).
- In the extra object properties dialog, the animation data can be exported & imported to a text file. And finally the length of the animation can be changed. Bigger ones that the simple rotating donut on snowy are possible.
- New object can be created as animated objects.
- Show objects middle in status bar.

Some explaining videos are on youtube :

T3ED Dev 3.7 : Import Off Objects

T3ED Dev 3.7 : Object conversion and creation of animations.

New in Version 0.07pre1.1*Plus Dev 3.6 :

- “Undo, but keep VRoad” added. The VRoad can be moved in block mode, when the track is moved. Now there a undo which brings back the track, but keeps the moved VRoad.
- Adjust road width fixed. Now you really can select the blocks which should be adjusted.
- Copy whole block to Clipboard
- Paste block as new additional block.
- Replace the currently selected block, with block from clipboard. Move and, or rotate the new block in old position.
- Moving blocks without smoothing by pressing control.
- Rotate whole blocks.
- The “Expand / Shrink”, “Rotate”, “Shadow Raytracer”, “Add / Replace Block” & “Adjust Road Width” windows are keeping their settings for the next call.
- Polygon / extra object properties added (ALT+ENTER). If “Automatic Object Membership” is off, you can manually change the block where the object belongs to.
- Move distance can be manually entered.
- Show the refpoint position in status bar when block mode is active.
- The Block Neighbours function has now an option to connect points to near points of neighbour blocks.
- Line up x,y, (z) function for point mode added.

New in Version 0.07pre1.1*Plus Dev 3.5 :

- Copy Polygon-, Extra-, Light- & Sound- objects to clipboard. You have to be in object mode and use Ctrl + C or “Edit -> Copy” from menu.
- Paste Polygon-, Extra-, Light- & Sound- objects from clipboard to another block or even track ! Select object mode and use Ctrl + v or “Edit -> Paste” from menu.

New in Version 0.07pre1.1*Plus Dev 3.4 :

- Rotate (extra-) objects around their middle.
- New / Duplicate function has a new shortcut Ctrl + D or Ctrl + N. (Ctrl + V will be used for clipboard.).
- Copy position of a point to Windows clipboard (Ctrl + C).
- Paste clipboard postion to a point (Ctrl + V)

New in Version 0.07pre1.1*Plus Dev 3.3 :

- Change textures of trackpolygons, polygon & extra objects in one step. Choose the new lowest texture and all textures will be change with the same offset.
- Expand / Shrink (extra) objects is now possible. You can select each axis independent or connected. It’s selectable on which position the object will be aligned. (Top, middle or bottom.)
- Fixed light & sound source properties. Values can be changed directly in T3ED now, for thoose who don’t want to use the frd-tool.
- In point mode : Ctrl + Y copy X & Y position to memory, Shift + Y paste memory position to selected point(s).

New in Version 0.07pre1.1*Plus Dev 3.2 :

- Track shading tracer, by - Lasse Kärkkäinen aka. Nappe1. It’s one of the last thing he implemented before he gave up working on T3ED. All credits should go to him.
- Mousewheel can be used to zoom in / out.
- Compiled DirectX sdk sum2004 which is the latest working with VS6.
- Added options for LOD Generator and Track shading tracer. (Start Block, End Block, etc.)
- After moving objects, the they will be stored in the Block which is closest to the new position.

Get Stock & Expansion Pack from Magenta Cloud or Filefactory

Last edited by JimDiabolo on Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:11 am; edited 5 times in total
KillRide

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Torsten it looks like you have been busy Smile

I do have a question on the editor: Is the whole "View Distance" thing fixed in these newer versions of the editor? I was wondering if T3ED can "auto generate" the lower resolution versions, based upon the complete track. I know that the earlier ones never did this well enough to work correctly; I was hoping that maybe you have been able to fix it?

It would be nice to go through all of the EP tracks with T3ED as a cleanup tool so that we removed one possible game crashing scenario...

Either way, great job!

Cheers, KillRide
JimDiabolo

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KillRide wrote:
Torsten it looks like you have been busy Smile

I do have a question on the editor: Is the whole "View Distance" thing fixed in these newer versions of the editor? I was wondering if T3ED can "auto generate" the lower resolution versions, based upon the complete track. I know that the earlier ones never did this well enough to work correctly; I was hoping that maybe you have been able to fix it?

It would be nice to go through all of the EP tracks with T3ED as a cleanup tool so that we removed one possible game crashing scenario...

Either way, great job!

Cheers, KillRide

I did no fixes to the LOD Generator, the function is still like before. But you can select which blocks should be worked on. On my "Lake Diabolo" I had to skip one block. After that, the rearview mirror worked again. Very Happy But on "Bergstrasse" this method failed. Crying or Very sad

JimD

Last edited by JimDiabolo on Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:37 am; edited 1 time in total
JimDiabolo

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

T3ED 3.8 is read to use ! Download on Dropbox

New in Version 0.07pre1.1*Plus Dev 3.8 :

- Frd file properties dialog added.
- Block properties dialog added.
- New function “Edit -> Find” for polygons added. You can search for polygons by texture, HS texture properties, texture animation data and polygon road flags (drive-over behavior).
- VRoad refpoints will be handled as extra objects. Select “Edit Virtual Road Points” and you can move them like you want.

For NFS4 only :

- If available height.sim, spdfa.bin and spdra.bin will be loaded and saved with the tr.frd file. (Thanks to Christian Brandt & Lasse Karkkainen for their NFS4 Spdtools.)
- Heights.sim, spdfa.bin & spdra.bin data will be copied and pasted together with block data.
- Undo for Heights.sim, spdfa.bin & spdra.bin data added.
- New dialog “Edit Tools - > Virtual Road, heights, spdfa & spdra” (Ctrl+H) allows to edit that values. In block mode all data from actual block is shown. In object mode all data from selected VRoad refpoints will be displayed if properties is selected from menu. Note : The “spdXA Speed” has only 4 values per block all others have usually 8. That’s why speed values are shown twice, e.g. 0=1,2=3,4=5 and 6=7. Only the first (0,2,4,6) will be written to disk.

With this version you can extend NFS4 tracks because heights.sim, spdFA.bin & spdRA.bin will be loaded and saved, too ! You can improve the AI line (like I did for Lake Diabolo V129) I copied data from original tracks to my Lake Diabolo blocks with similar curves. You can also edit values manually. Here's a Youtuve video that shows how bogey drives : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-CC08L-h08

I also added the requested "Find Polygon" function. Which can be a great help changing textures or polygon properties.

mvv0105

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

with update we can create more roads with AI and traffic?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's only one virtual road per block. Changing VRoad data together with Spdxa.bin data can improve the AI line of bots. You know on most user made tracks the bots didn't drive very well.

mvv0105

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aaa... AI can race in one block - road and shortcut?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

right, it seems that the main way that most tracks are made in this thing is that existing ones are taken, modified a bit, new objects/textures are added, etc and voila - new frankentrack

Is there a way though, to forego this process and make it in an app like 3ds max and add the AI waypoints, start/finish, etc? I saw that you could import objects - what about importing the entire track as an object? could that be done in theory?
JimDiabolo

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

T3ED 3.9 is ready to use ! https://www.dropbox.com/sh/mdyoc5a7ifk7ohk/Nw8C_6yqUw

New in Version 0.07pre1.1*Plus Dev 3.9 :

- Global NFS4 object manipulation added. Global objects will now be shown, can be moved and converted in extra objects and back.
- It is now possible to delete any block from the track. Not only at the end.
- Paste block from Clipboard before selected block added. (Be carefull, not very well tested !)

I also wanted to make a "merge" function to join two blocks together. But HS always crashes when I run those tracks. It's still in this release but I disabled this function.

[RS]OBF

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superb work Jim! So happy you have not abandond efforts to help those still in love with High Stakes. Very Happy
JimDiabolo

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Updated to 3.9.0.191. One big bug removed, please update.

De-M-oN

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm so goddamn happy that you continue developing this great editor.

I was at that time really sad that denis stopped working on it.

So big thanks.

But:

The engine has still invisible walls on very steep uphills.
It worsens if there are columns at the center like these at empire city.
Is there really no way to fix this bug? Or is it an engine problem which the editor cant fix anyway?
JimDiabolo

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just updated T3ED to version 3.9.0.192. I found one bug in the extra- to global-object conversion function. Extra objects can be stored in chunk 0 to 3, global ones only in chunk 0. I use the same function that moves objects from one block to another. Which always kept the chunk. Now global objects will always go to chunk 0.

The Dropbox flie has been updated. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/mdyoc5a7ifk7ohk/Nw8C_6yqUw

To invisible walls, I think HS has a limitation on how high hills can be. On my own tracks I always try to move parts down, instead of up.

Edit: Another update to version 3.9.0.194 is online. It fixes a bug while copying objects.

JimDiabolo

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TrackView v3.9 <> v4.0

It's quite a difference.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iplounge.net Forum Index -> IPL HS Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: