iplounge.net Forum Index iplounge.net
NFS PU & HS Online Racing Community

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Server Disconnected - IPL must close

View previous topic :: View next topic  
FischZZ

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:38 pm    Post subject: Server Disconnected - IPL must close Reply with quote

Hey all,

firstly thanks for the fine programm and the great job everybody is doing on maintaining and updating it - I think I never posted here before Smile

Now that I just recently installed IPL V 5.42 alpha and even recovered my old HS personna / logon info, Im having the following problem or better error message, which I wasnt able to find anywhere in this forum or on partner sites. this is what I get when I hit the "login" button:

Im running on Windows XP pro SP3 (still...).

If anybody could give me a clue on how to fix this error that would be so great. Also if u need further details on my configuration please let me know.

Thanks in advance!

cheers, Fishy
[SK]Nath
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately this isn't an error because it's doing exactly as it's intended to do. The IPLounge client has a timer of 30 seconds to complete a successful login to the server. If that timer is exceeded, then IPLounge will display this message. A typical login should take half of the time, if not less. Can I ask which server are you attempting to connect to?
FischZZ

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Nath, thanks for your reply.
Looking at your post I hope my question wasnt too dumb. Im just new (well renewed?) to using IPL. Last time it was at Version 3 or so. So maybe my configuration is faulty.

But first, if u you say 30 seconds. It takes about 3 seconds before the window pops up after I hit the login button.

I tried (or better I desire Wink) to login to the HS server. Im using the default Server adresses that are configured in IPL 5.42 alpha after installation. Looking into Options/Server List, the following data is shown:
Server Name: V5 - PRIMARY (Last login: 16.07.2015 (!))
Server IP: 96.60.30.27 Port: 5445

thanks again, and if u need additional info please let me know Smile
[SK]Nath
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can tell by looking at your screenshot that some files are missing from the installation. Please could you screenshot your Program Files\iploungev542 folder and your My Documents\iplfilesv542 folder. Also inside the images folder in the iploungev542 directory if possible.
FischZZ

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Screenshots removed - no longer required

It might be also interesting to know that I had installed IPL 3 before I read about the updated EP-Pack for HS. So I uninstalled IPL 3 and installed the EP which had IPL 4 with it.
Then IPL 4 told me it was out of date, so I downloaded IPL 5 (not alpha) from the link that was given.
IPL 5 then didnt work at all (no pictures, lots of text missing etc.) so I uninstalled IPL 5.
Then a buddy from EAOutlaws told me to go here, where I read about IPL 5.42 alpha. Then I downloaded and installed that. And thats where we're at now.

Again, I uninstalled each version that did not work, before I installed the newest 5.42 alpha.

Thanks for your time!!
[SK]Nath
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, forget what I said about files missing - you have all of the ones required. I've figured out what's wrong. The reason you receive the message so suddenly is because your details are actually not found on the server and are therefore invalid. If you've not used IPLounge since v3.16 then your account would have been archived during user file maintenance back in 2013. This means you will need to reregister your account in order to login. The Register button is a fast shortcut to doing so.

This has alerted us to something we weren't aware of - rather than being disconnected, you should have been notified that your account details are invalid. We will need to fix this. Many thanks for reporting this to us.
FischZZ

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Again, thanks for your time Nath, I will then re-register a new account. Would have never figured that the account might be invalid since of what u said, and no need to thank me for reporting Smile

cheers and cya on track one day eventually Smile
[RR]jojo

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:13 am    Post subject: help Reply with quote

i have the same prob
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iplounge.net Forum Index -> IPL Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: